PD Life relies on notifications on your device in order to remind you when you should take meds, or perform other important tasks. With recent updates in iOS5, notifications have become a little more passive, since people were complaining about being annoyed by apps bugging them.
"I sometimes miss med reminders because they disappear"
This is great for users who find the notifications annoying, but not so great for those of us who miss the odd reminder, or have lots of noisy apps amongst which the PD Life notifications can get lost. Banner notifications (the new default setting on your iPhone/iPad) will automatically dismiss themselves making it easy to miss them.
Thankfully there is a solution, and it involves changing the notification settings for PD Life to show an alert popup, instead of banner when it's time to take your meds.
To do this, simply:
- Tap Settings on your home screen
- Select the Notifications section
- Scroll down until you see PD Life, and tap it
- At the top, ensure Notification Centre is ON
- In the Alert Style section, select Alerts (CAUTION: Do not select None, as this will turn off ALL PD Life reminders)
- Scroll down and ensure the Bridge App Icon, Sounds and View in Lock Screen settings are all ON
After a while, notifications from PD Life will appear as alert boxes that need to be dismissed before you can continue to use your phone.
Thanks to Pamela G. for her feedback.